Newtown Township

Board of Supervisors

Minutes of June 18, 2007

 

Members Present: Anne Goren, Chairman; Philip Calabro, Vice Chairman; Jerry Schenkman, Secretary/Treasurer; Richard Weaver, Member; Paul Beckert, Solicitor; Elaine Gibbs, Finance Manager. Not present was Tom Jirele, Member.

Also Present: Andy Levine, Parks & Recreation Board; Bill Wert, Director of Parks & Recreation; J. Halleck Hoeland, Princeton Development Group, Inc.; Fred Schmitt, Schmitt Anderson Architects; Moonlight Tong, J.G. Park Associates, Inc.; Dan Snyder, Community Association Realty, Inc.; Father Piccard, St. Andrews School; Principal Kevin King, Newtown Elementary School; Thomas D. Reese, Homewood Suites; Thomas D. Reese, Jr., Homewood Suites; Joe Lavalle, George J. Donovan AIA & Associates; Joe W. McGrath, The J.W. McGrath Organization; Daniel J. Chieco, Pickering, Corts & Summerson, Inc.; Richard Crawford, Mercer Sign; Leah Stallings, Aark; Mary Jane Stretch, Aark; Theresa Katalinas, Bucks County Courier Times; Various Newtown residents including Nancy Crescenzo, Jay Sensibaugh, Paul Zotter and Marcus Zotter.

Call to Order: Chairman Goren called the meeting to order at 8:04 P.M.

Parks & Recreation Board – Review of Proposed Skate Park

Mr. Levine updated the Supervisors with regards to the proposed Skate Park. The Supervisors were provided a packet for their review. Mr. Levine discussed the pros and cons of the Township’s park properties for use. He advised that of all the sites discussed it is his opinion that the most feasible sites include the Library Tract, the Municipal Center and Helen Randle Park. He advised that he is looking to the Board of Supervisors to give the Parks & Recreation Board some guidance on the place and then the Board will go forward to present a more finalized design/concept at a regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors meeting.

Ms. Goren commented with regards to the proposed Skate Park being located in the Helen Randle Park and the grade level. Mr. Levine advised with regards to the selected area being at a higher elevation than Swamp Road.

Ms. Goren commented on the cost for the proposed Skate Park. Mr. Levine advised that the approximate cost is $175,000.00 and that the equipment would be designed for outdoor use.

The Supervisors discussed Perkasie Skate Park.

Ms. Goren commented with regards to where the money for the Skate Park would come from. Mr. Marcus Zotter advised on the possibility of fundraising.

Mr. Goren commented with regards to the ongoing cost for running the Skate Park (Example – Insurance, Operating Expenses). Mr. Levine advised that the Township’s Insurance would not increase. He suggested that the Township sell season passes and that non-residents would be charged a higher fee. He advised that the skaters would be required to sign a liability waiver. He advised that he is hoping that the Township would match the funds raised by fundraising and that once a location and the right to build are approved the skaters would begin fundraising.

Ms. Goren commented on the Township’s commitment to develop the Woll Tract.

Ms. Goren questioned the yearly operating cost to run the Skate Park. Mr. Wert advised with regards to the yearly operating cost.

Mr. Paul Zotter advised the Supervisors on his son’s power point presentation. He discussed the Hopewell Township Skate Park. He advised that it is his opinion that the Township should budget for the Skate Park and that the Skate Park was discussed many years before Woll Tract.

Mr. Weaver questioned if the Parks & Recreation Board feels that Helen Randle Park would make a good permanent location for the Skate Park. Mr. Levine advised the Supervisors on the opinions of the Parks & Recreation Board and a permanent location for the Skate Park.

Mr. Weaver commented with regards to the Doylestown Skate Park being monitored. Mr. Wert advised that the Doylestown Skate Park is still being monitored.

The Supervisors discussed the Skate Park being used by BMX bikes. Mr. Levine advised that the proposed Skate Park would be designed for inline skates and skateboards.

Mr. Calabro advised that after reviewing the proposed sites, he is in favor of using Helen Randle Park as a permanent location for the Skate Park.

Mr. Levine advised that the proposed location at Helen Randle Park is in a buffer zone and that a variance would be needed.

Mr. Calabro advised that he would like to make a decision tonight if possible, if not he would like to have the Parks & Recreation Board leave tonight’s meeting with the impression that they do have a permanent site for the proposed Skate Park.

Ms. Goren advised that she is in favor of using Helen Randle Park as a permanent location for the Skate Park and would like to see the Skate Park privately funded. She requested Mr. Wert to provide the Supervisors with an analysis of the yearly operating cost and a proposal on how to cover the operating cost.

Mr. Wert advised the Supervisors with regards to the Township’s new Insurance provider and that they recommend but do not require staffing for the Skate Park. He discussed staffing being the largest expense.

Mr. Levine advised that at this time he is not comfortable having no monitor at the Skate Park, but would consider it in the future.

Ms. Crescenzo advised the Supervisors that the concept of the Township having a Skate Park started seven (7) years ago. She suggested having a Skate Park Committee. She commented with regards to safety concerns and advised that today most people carry cell phones. She discussed the need for the park to be accessible for the people who are using it and traffic safety issues. She advised that she is in favor of the Skate Park being located in the Roberts Ridge Park and discussed that park being very accessible. She commented on discussions with regards to the Preston House. She advised on her opinion on why the other proposed sites would not work. She commented with regards to the term “bothering the neighbors” and advised that she feels that the Township should help to pay for the Skate Park.

Mr. Paul Zotter commented with regards to time delays if a Skate Park Committee was developed and advised that a representative from Hopewell Township has offered to speak before the Supervisors with regards to a Skate Park. He advised that it is his opinion that Helen Randle Park would be a good site for the Skate Park.

Mr. Calabro advised that he agrees with Mr. Zotter when it comes to a Skate Park Committee and feels that there is no need for a Skate Park Committee. He commented on discussions at the Parks & Recreation Board’s meetings.

Mr. Levine advised that he would support the Skate Park being located at Roberts Ridge Park and discussed possible problems with regards to neighbors. He advised on his concerns with the project being delayed and that once the development of the Woll Tract is complete it will be accessible to residents. He discussed the Township’s trail system.

Mr. Zotter commented with regards to the facilities being accessible and advised that his son has been going to the Hopewell Skate Park for years. He discussed the facility being monitored and advised that he would like to have the representative from Hopewell Township make an appearance before the Board of Supervisors.

Ms. Crescenzo discussed the process for Township projects and financial planning. She advised that she is in favor of the project, but would like to follow the normal process for approval.

Mr. Levine advised that the Parks & Recreation Board are looking for the approval of a location and would go to the Planning Commission to discuss the matter.

The Supervisors discussed the location of Helen Randle Park and agreed to pass the matter along to the Planning Commission for their review.

Mr. Weaver advised that he is okay with the Skate Park being located in Helen Randle Park.

Mr. Beckert commented with regards to the need for a variance and the relief required.

Mr. Sensibaugh advised that the Planning Commission would prefer to review a sketch plan and an alternate location plan.

The Supervisors agreed to move the matter along to the Planning Commission for review and recommendation.

Ms. Crescenzo suggested that the matter be discussed with the Financial Planning Committee. Mr. Levine advised that he had no problem appearing before the Financial Planning Committee.

Mr. Levine thanked the Supervisors for their time.

The Supervisors thanked Mr. Levine for his presentation.

CAU – Cricklewood Sketch Plan

Mr. Hoeland advised the Supervisors with regards to the Cricklewood Sketch Plan. The Supervisors were provided a packet for their review. Mr. Hoeland advised with regards to the variances being requested.

Mr. Schmitt discussed the approved plan from 1999 and the revised sketch plan. He advised on the proposed changes to the building structures and the relocation of the parking area.

Ms. Goren advised that she likes what has been built so far. She commented with regards to the parking spaces between building A and the driveway and questioned if they are needed. Mr. Hoeland advised that he was not sure. Ms. Goren suggested leaving the area green until needed. Mr. Schmitt advised that he believed that Mr. Blasch would consider leaving the area green until needed.

The Supervisors discussed who would be in building A.

Mr. Hoeland commented with regards to the request for the Front Yard Setback Variance and the request for the Variance for Loading Berth at Each Office Building.

Mr. Schenkman commented with regards to the parking area closest to Lindenhurst Road.

Mr. Beckert advised on the recommendations from the Planning Commission and that they support the Front Yard Setback Variance on the condition that there be adequate buffering sufficient for the Township Landscaping Architect and the Loading Berths Variance on the condition that there be designated delivery sites.

Mr. Calabro commented with regards to the visual concept of what would be seen from the roadway as you approach the complex. Mr. Hoeland and Mr. Schmitt advised that drivers would not see the parking area. Mr. Snyder advised on the landscaping and buffering of the complex.

The Supervisors thanked the representatives for Community Association Realty for their time.

The representations for Community Association Realty thanked the Supervisors for their time.

Parking on Wrights Road

Mr. Wert updated the Supervisors on what information he had with regards to parking on Wrights Road. The Supervisors were provided various correspondence for their review.

Ms. Goren read aloud the memorandum received from Captain Moorhead, dated May 11, 2007 with regards to the matter of parking on Wrights Road.

Father Piccard commented with regards to the design of the roadway. He discussed the schools’ parking areas and advised that the schools try to coordinate their schedules. He advised that it is his opinion that Wrights Road was not built wide enough.

Mr. Wert advised that it is his opinion that the problem is with the local sports associations and discussed the access road to the Woll Tract on the School District’s property. He advised that the access road would have approximately seventy (70) parking spaces.

Ms. Goren suggested that the Township make it a priority to build the access road.

Mr. Calabro commented on the number of vehicles parking along one side of Wrights Road. He questioned if seventy (70) parking spaces would be enough.

Mr. Wert advised the Supervisors with regards to the agreement of sale for the purchase of the Woll Tract was to give Newtown Elementary parking rights during school hours. He suggested having a parking agreement where shared parking on the Woll Tract could accommodate major events.

Principal King advised with regards to big events held at the schools and the lack of parking.

Mr. Wert suggested that the Township could request the Public Works Department to measure Wrights Road to see how many vehicles could park along it.

Mr. Schenkman commented with regards to the number of parking spaces.

Mr. Wert advised that the Township would have to negotiate with the School District for more space to have more parking along the access road.

Principal King questioned if there have been a lot of accidents along Wrights Road. The Supervisors advised that information could be obtained from the Police Department and that they would look into the number of accidents along the roadway. Mr. Wert commented that the issue is with regards to the roadway being accessible to emergency vehicles when vehicles are parked along one side of the roadway.

The Supervisors discussed safety concerns.

Ms. Goren discussed the Township’s options – eliminate parking along Wrights Road now or wait until the access road is built.

Mr. Beckert offered a third option – prohibit parking on a regular basis and allow the schools to make arrangements with the Police Department for special events.

Father Piccard suggested that the Township consider making Wrights Road wider or even one-way.

Mr. Wert suggested using the Library Tract as overflow parking for special events.

Mr. Sensibaugh suggested that the Township look into grants for improvements to Wrights Road.

Ms. Crescenzo commented with regards to parking in the Library Tract. She suggested that the Township identify the problem and widen the roadway.

Father Piccard advised the Supervisors on the correspondence that the school has sent out with regards to parking on Wrights Road and Eagle Road.

Ms. Goren suggested that the Township eliminate parking altogether on Wrights Road with the exception of special school events and have Mr. Beckert look into grants. She suggested that next year the Supervisors focus on constructing the access road for the Woll Tract.

Mr. Schenkman suggested that if the Township puts up no parking signs that they should also post signs directing vehicles to parking lots. He commented with regards to the overtime cost for the Police Department to oversee special events for the schools and how that will effect the budget.

Principal King advised that he would like to have further discussions as to what constitutes a special event. Ms. Goren gave examples of special events (Back to School Night, etc.)

Father Piccard advised that he would go back to his school to discuss scheduling events. He discussed enrollment at St. Andrews.

Principal King advised on the current enrollment at Newtown Elementary School.

Ms. Goren requested the schools to remain in contact when scheduling events.

Ms. Crescenzo requested the police to issue warnings at first. Ms. Goren suggested that the schools send out correspondence with regards to the no parking on Wrights Road. She advised that if parking is available in the school lots then that is where the vehicles should park.

Principal King questioned if the issue is with community parking or with school events. Mr. Beckert and Mr. Calabro advised that it is their opinion that the problem is more so with community parking.

Principal King suggested having a meeting between the two (2) schools and the Police Department.

The Supervisors thanked the representatives from both schools for their time.

Homewood Suites – Revision to Final Land Development Approval and Conditional Use Approval

Mr. Beckert updated the Supervisors with regards to Homewood Suites. He advised on the Board’s conditions for granting the Conditional Use approval, the revised plan and Mr. Solomon’s comments. The Supervisors were provided various correspondence for their review.

Mr. Lavalle advised the Supervisors with regards to the conference rooms and the total square footage of conference space being 9,964 square feet.

Ms. Goren advised that she has concerns with the largest conference room not being big enough and with the conference rooms being spread out. Mr. Lavalle advised that the largest conference room could accommodate approximately 110 people.

Mr. Weaver advised that it was the Board’s intent to have one continuance area for conferences that could be divided.

Ms. Goren advised that the Board was interested in a conference center/inn not a hotel.

Mr. Reese advised on the original plans being scaled down at the request of the Planning Commission due to traffic concerns.

Ms. Goren referred to the Board’s conditions for granting the Conditional Use approval and the intentions of the Board.

Mr. Beckert advised on the Supervisors’ concerns and the conditions for granting the Conditional Use approval. He commented with regards to the conference rooms being spread out on the first thru fifth floors.

Mr. Reese advised on other hotels he runs and there design plan.

The Supervisors discussed the plan showing 104 guestrooms.

Ms. Goren suggested eliminating the conference rooms from the second thru fifth floors and putting all of the conference space on the first floor.

Mr. Schenkman questioned the marketing logic. Mr. Reese advised with regards to marketing.

Mr. Reese advised that the plan originally submitted had 20,000 square feet of conference space and was rejected due to the traffic it would bring to the area.

Ms. Goren advised that it is the Board’s intent to create a first class conference center. She suggested having one 5,000 square feet conference room.

Mr. Reese advised on what a first class conference center means to him. He gave examples of the Ritz Carleton Conference Center or the Merrill Lynch Conference Center.

Ms. Crescenzo commented with regards to the need to feed the people that attend the conference and advised that it is her opinion that the proposed plan fits in Newtown.

Mr. Beckert advised on why the Supervisors and the representatives from Homewood Suites are meeting tonight. He discussed the plan submitted to the Codes Department showing 15,000 square feet of conference room space. He questioned if the conference area could be redesigned to create a larger conference room that could be partitioned. Mr. Reese advised that the plan would need to be redesigned and on the cost involved.

Mr. Lavalle commented with regards to the plans submitted to the building department.

Mr. Schenkman commented with regards to the plan and the spaces mark in yellow and white. Mr. Reese advised that the yellow spaces represent rooms that could be conference rooms or guestrooms.

The Supervisors questioned if the rooms that can be flipped are part of the 104 guestrooms. Mr. Reese advised that the rooms that can be flipped are included in the 104 guestrooms.

Mr. Reese advised that the original plan had a basement that would be used as the conference space.

Mr. Beckert questioned what the main conference room would look like and what it would be used for when it was not being used for conferences. Mr. Reese advised on the layout of the main conference room and that the area would also be the full breakfast service area.

Mr. Calabro commented with regards to a full breakfast service. Mr. Reese advised it would be buffet style.

Mr. Schenkman commented with regards to Mr. Reese’s business plan and how much of the business is tied to conferences and how much is tied to the rental of rooms for the night. Mr. Reese advised that conference room use would be approximately 20%. He also commented with regards to other local hotels in the area and their guestrooms and conference space.

Mr. Schenkman advised on his first impression of the plan and that it seems to him that the conference space is incidental to the rental of the rooms for overnight stays. He commented with regards to the marketing of the conference space and on his stays at a couple of Mr. Reese’s hotels in the country advising that the guestrooms were very clean/comfortable but he was not very impressed with the conference space areas. He advised on what he wants for Newtown Township – something to be proud of.

Mr. Reese Jr. advised with regards to the façade of the building.

Ms. Goren advised that it was the intent of the Board to create a conference center/inn and that in her opinion the plan she is looking at tonight shows a hotel with guestrooms that could be flipped into boardrooms. She advised that is not why the Board wanted to bring them into the L & I District. She suggested letting Mr. Jirele weigh in on the matter.

Mr. Beckert commented with regards to the next Board of Supervisors meeting on June 27, 2007 and suggested discussing the matter further that evening.

Mr. Reese advised on his recollection of past discussions and the cost involved to redesign the plan.

Mr. Lavalle questioned the approved amount of square footage. Mr. Beckert advised that he would forward that information to Mr. Lavalle.

Ms. Goren advised that the plan was for a conference center/inn not a hotel, that the developer was aware of what the Board expected and on her definition of a conference center.

Mr. Sensibaugh advised that it was the intent of the Planning Commission to have the conference rooms located on the first floor.

The Supervisors agreed to table this discussion until the June 27, 2007 meeting.

KLS Ryan – Goodnoe’s Corner – Revision to Final Land Development Approval

Mr. McGrath updated the Supervisors with regards to KLS Ryan – Goodnoe’s Corner revision to the final Land Development approval. The Supervisors were provided various correspondence in their packet for review.

Mr. Chieco advised with regards to the landscaping changes to the plan.

Mr. McGrath advised with regards to the sign design and on discussions with Judy Stern Goldstein the Township Planner.

Mr. Weaver questioned the removal of the utility poles. Mr. McGrath advised that the utility poles have been removed. Mr. Chieco advised on the change of tree landscaping due to the removal of the poles.

Mr. Seinsbaugh commented with regards to the streetlights and the sidewalks. Mr. McGrath advised with regards to working around the streetlights and the sidewalks.

Mr. McGrath advised that the new plan would have two (2) bathrooms on the second floor in addition to the two (2) bathrooms on the first floor of the Ice Cream parlor.

Mr. Beckert questioned if the bathrooms on the second floor are in a common area. Mr. McGrath advised that yes the bathrooms would be in a common area.

Mr. McGrath advised that the new plan would have a half bathroom on the lower floor of Building 4A and that bathroom would not be for public use.

Ms. Crescenzo advised that she has concerns with regards to the Irish Pub being ADA compliant.

The Supervisors discussed the requirements needing to be met with regards to being ADA compliant.

Mr. Beckert commented that the plan would have to meet ADA requirements to get L & I approval. Mr. McGrath advised that they did get L & I approval.

The Supervisors discussed making a motion to approve the final Land Development.

Mr. Beckert advised that if the Board were of mind to approve the revisions to the final Land Development plan approval of March 19, 2007 for K.L.S Ryan, L.P., Goodnoe’s Corner, 298 North Sycamore Street, tax lot parcel #29-3-24-2 the following restructs. One to authorize field changes as to landscaping is subject compliance to Boucher & James, Inc. letter dated June 13, 2007. Second to permit a ½ bathroom on the lower level of building 4A solely for the purpose of committing in-house maintenance for the owner on the condition that no portion thereof shall be leased or used by other than the owner. Three to permit two (2) restrooms on the second floor of the Ice Cream parlor area on the condition that they be deemed common area and shall not be leased. Four that either of the modifications set forth in paragraphs two (2) and three (3) shall be deemed to be retain space. Five that all other conditions of the Condition Use Variance and final Land Development approval not modified shall remain enforce with that.

Mr. Weaver made a motion to approve the revisions to the final Land Development plan approval of March 19, 2007 for K.L.S Ryan, L.P., Goodnoe’s Corner, 298 North Sycamore Street, tax lot parcel #29-3-24-2 the following restructs. One to authorize field changes as to landscaping is subject compliance to Boucher & James, Inc. letter dated June 13, 2007. Second to permit a ½ bathroom on the lower level of building 4A solely for the purpose of committing in-house maintenance for the owner on the condition that no portion thereof shall be leased or used by other than the owner. Three to permit two (2) restrooms on the second floor of the Ice Cream parlor area on the condition that they be deemed common area and shall not be leased. Four that either of the modifications set forth in paragraphs two (2) and three (3) shall be deemed to be retain space. Five that all other conditions of the Condition Use Variance and final Land Development approval not modified shall remain enforce with that. Mr. Schenkman seconded the motion but advised that he would like to see some language with regards to ADA compliance.

Mr. Becker added to the wording of the motion that all modifications shall be subject to the appropriate ADA compliance.

Mr. Weaver amended his motion. Mr. Schenkman amended his second to the motion.

The Supervisors discussed the motion.

Ms. Goren advised that she would be abstaining from the motion due to her employment with Rite-Aid/Eckerd and that she has filled a letter with the Township Recording Secretary.

The motion passed unanimously with one member abstaining (3-0-1).

Mr. McGrath and Mr. Crawford advised with regards to the look of the signs.

The Supervisors thanked the representatives for KLS Ryan – Goodnoe’s Corner for their time.

The AARK and the Clark Property – Extreme Makeover

Mr. Levine advised the Supervisors that the Parks & Recreation Board fully supports and stands behind the idea of integrating the Aark. He commented with regards to Mr. Wert’s concerns. He also discussed his other hat and advised that he is doing everything he can to keep the process at bay and that he is very happy to work with the Township to help keep the Aark there as long as possible. He commented on discussions with T. J. Walsh.

Mr. Schenkman updated the Supervisors with regards to the Aark, the Clark property and the Extreme Makeover application. . He advised that the Aark has been located on the Archdiocese’s property for thirty (30) years and the situation that the Aark is in. He discussed the Aark’s history and the need to move quickly. He advised that after tonight’s discussion that he would like the Board to agree to submit the application to Extreme Makeover, investigate all of the technical requirements that the Township would need in place and investigate other possibilities. He introduced Ms. Stallings and Ms. Stretch to the Supervisors. The Supervisors were provided various correspondence and a DVD in their packet for review.

Ms. Stretch gave a brief history on the Aark and what they do. She advised that the Aark has been looking for a new property to relocate to. She advised that for the Aark to function it needs a residence and a clinic and that the facility is monitored 24 hours a day.

Mr. Beckert question how much space the Aark needs to operate. Ms. Stretch advised that currently the Aark has approximately four (4) acres.

The Supervisors discussed the need for some buffering from the public if the Aark were to move to the Clark property.

Ms. Stretch advised on the animals that the Aark currently has and that some of the birds are used as educational species.

Ms. Stallings advised that the Aark is a nonprofit organization.

The Supervisors discussed the Aark’s financial support and that the Aark does have someone who would help to finance the move and build a new facility with the exception of building a residence.

Ms. Stretch and Ms. Stallings advised with regards to the properties that they have look at for purchase. They advised that they do not want to cost Newtown Township any money and with regards to the Aark’s financials. Ms. Stallings advised with regards to a gentleman who is willing to provide the Aark with a clinic but he can not build them a residence.

Mr. Schenkman questioned the number of employees and the number of volunteers. Ms. Stallings advised that the Aark has five (5) employees and thirty-seven (37) volunteers.

Mr. Schenkman questioned how many employees are on duty at one time. Ms. Stallings and Ms. Stretch advised that three (3) employees are on duty at one time.

Mr. Beckert commented with regards to the Township’s issues and options. He discussed the Clark property being purchased with some assistance from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He advised that the Township would need as part of a lease to any ground to take application both to the Pennsylvania Department of Conversation and Natural Resources to authorize the lease and seek approval from the County to authorize the lease. He advised that he has not gone into detail with the statues and or the regs but he would think that given the general parameters of what the deed and the other agreements say that this sounds like as is consistent with those things that are permitted but the Township would need to get written approval. He advised that if the Township where thinking of moving forward on this that would be a condition of any lease which would be that the Township has that approval because that is part of the deed under which the Township took title to the property. He advised that there is a residence on site and that it is presently leased to the Joint Downtown Newtown Corporation (JDNC) for $1.00 per year. The lease expires on October 31, 2007 and that it has a ninety (90) day notice period. If the Township has any interest in using that residence for this use notice would need to be given to the JDNC that they are not renewing the lease on or before July 31, 2007. He advised that the Board would need to particularize the area being leased by the Aark. He discussed the Clark property currently being used as a public facility. He commented with regards to the designated lease area and the public area.

Mr. Wert commented with regards to the deed restrictions and advised on his concerns.

The Supervisors discussed having an additional parking area for the clinic.

The Supervisors discussed getting approval from the State and the County.

Mr. Beckert suggested designing the clinic on the four (4) acres where the house is located.

The Supervisors discussed the deed restrictions.

Mr. Schenkman commented with regards to the Township meeting with the Aark’s benefactor.

Mr. Beckert advised with regards to discussions with the Archdiocese’s attorneys.

Mr. Weaver advised that he is okay with the idea of the Aark moving to the Clark property as long as the Township has the approval from the State and the County.

Ms. Crescenzo thanked Mr. Schenkman for helping the Aark. She advised that she thinks the idea of the Aark being located on the Clark property is wonderful and offered any help she could.

Ms. Stretch advised on past discussions she had with Mrs. Clark.

Mr. Beckert advised that the only date that the Supervisors need to be critical about is the lease termination date. He suggested that some type of decision be made by July 11, 2007 to allow enough time for notifying the JDNC.

Ms. Stretch questioned whom the DVD was sent to. Mr. Schenkman advised that the DVD has only been viewed by the Board. She questioned what Mr. Schenkman is looking to do at this time. Mr. Schenkman advised that he is looking for permission from the Board to submit the DVD to Extreme Makeover but however he would like the Board to have discussions with the Aark’s benefactor.

Ms. Stretch advised that she would like for the Aark to remain in Newtown but they are looking for a new location.

The Supervisors discussed the clinic being located on ground that is not deed restricted and the approval from the State and County.

The Supervisors agreed to proceed with the proposed idea of the Aark being located on the Clark property and to submit the application to Extreme Makeover.

The Supervisors thanked the representatives from Aark for their time.

Ms. Stretch and Ms. Stallings thanked the Supervisors for their time.

Other Business

Community Comments

Adjournment

Without objection, the meeting was adjourned at 11:58 P.M.

Once the meeting adjourned the Board of Supervisors met in Executive Session.

 

Respectfully Submitted:
Christy Holley, Recording Secretary

 

Attest:
John Boyle, Acting Township Manager

Anne Goren, Chairman

Phillip Calabro, Vice-Chairman

Jerry Schenkman, Secretary/Treasurer

Thomas Jirele, Member

Richard Weaver, Member