NEWTOWN BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
LUNCHEON MEETING AT GOODNOE FARM DAIRY BAR
THURSDAY, MAY 6, 2004
Approval of the Minutes: Ms. Mitchell moved to approve the minutes of the May 6, 2004 meeting as presented. Ms. Britsch seconded; the motion carried unanimously.
Present: Chairman Richard Weaver, Hal Roberts, Marge Frederick, Sue Britsch, Doug Terry, Steve Schreiber, Douglas Terry, Tom Harwood, Don Harris.
Call to Order: Mr. Weaver called the meeting to order at 12:05 PM.
Public Comment: None.
Codes Department Business Development Report: Mr. Harwood distributed and reviewed the report for May 2004.
1. Lower Bucks Chamber of Commerce: Ms. Frederick reported that the Chamber is planning a trip to Harrisburg on 5/25/04, and will present a program on women in leadership positions.
2. Joint Downtown Newtown Corporation (JDNC): Mr. Terry reported that the JDNC has finished creating their video and is in the process of reproducing it. A program making bicycles available to the public is being planned. The JDNC is still looking for a Main Street Manager.
3. Newtown Business and Professional Association: Ms. Britsch reported that the group is getting ready for Welcome Day on 5/15/04. Entertainment, food, and games will be available.
4. Economic Development Commission: Mr. Weaver reported that the Frantz building had been purchased by Cam Troilo, who plans to put an executive conference hotel on the site. The hotel will have over 100 rooms. Mr. Schreiber said the LSAC would welcome such a resource in the area.
5. Community Map Project: Mr. Weaver said the map project is progressing.
Adjournment: With no objections, the meeting was adjourned at 12:50 PM.
Gretta Stone, Recording Secretary